Mandat InternationalAll you may want to know about Mandat International, its functioning, its projects and services, accommodation it provides, possibilities for internships and much more.
Mandat International: the organisation
Mandat International was founded in 1995 as an association under Swiss law and transformed in 2004 into a foundation which pursues goals of public utility. It is strictly independent of any political or religious affiliation.
It is governed by its Council of Foundation and seconded by a Consultative Committee which is composed of around 20 people actives in international organisations and NGOs throughout all spheres of activity of the international arena.
- To promote international dialogue and cooperation.
- To welcome, inform and facilitate the participation of non-governmental representatives in international conferences.
- To support and provide budget accommodation to delegates from developing countries.
The organisation relies on the following resources:
- A majority of our projects are financially supported by our public partners.
- We rely on significant in kind contributions from volunteers, members, interns and others.
- A part of our equipment is given to us by mutual aid projects and by businesses.
- International Organisations and NGOs provide us free of charge with a large amount of documentation that normally has to be paid for.
- Support members pay us subscriptions.
Our office is located near the UN premises in Geneva. To get there, click here.